Chairman of Ladurée
As Chairman of Ladurée and vice-chairman of the Holder group, David Holder is known for his ethical and principled approach to business and as a man who also allows his feelings and intuition to play their part. Ever since the opening of Ladurée on the Champs-Elysées in 1997, his life and his career have taken off.
Despite an enormous increase in business, he has managed to ensure its success by adhering to traditional values and practices while maintaining the unique character that distinguishes it, regardless of what current trends may try to dictate.
His main aim is to make fine things, to create real character in each of his establishments and to publicise the quality and beauty of Ladurée products.
In seventeen years David Holder has recreated the illustrious history of Ladurée and has firmly placed it on the world stage.More information : Key dates for David Holder
Key dates for David Holder:
- 1968: Birth of David Holder.
- 1989: He obtained a Master's degree in management and finance from the University of Dauphine. He joined the Holder group as an apprentice baker-pastry chef.
- 1991: He left for the United States to attend the University of Berkeley and obtained his Master's.
- 1992: He returned to France where he was appointed to the national and international management department of the Holder group.
- 1993: David Holder took over the Ladurée tea salon on the rue Royale in Paris. He participated in creating the new concept of the Paul bakeries.
- 1997: Opening of the Ladurée Champs Elysées, Paris VIII, and Ladurée Printemps de la Mode.
- 2000: In charge of finances and group strategy, David Holder was appointed vice president of the Holder group.
- 2002: Opening of the Ladurée tea salon on the rue Bonaparte, Paris VI.
David Holder goes out to conquer the world by opening internationally with…
- 2005: First international opening of Ladurée, in London at the luxurious Harrods department store.
- 2006: Ladurée Geneva, and Ladurée Hausmann (Printemps de la Maison)
- 2007: Opening of Burlington Arcade (Londres), Ladurée Lausanne.
- 2008: Opening of Ladurée in Japan (Ginza) and Ladurée in Japan (Nihonbashi).
Launch of Ladurée BAR, a new "Savoir-Faire".
- 2009: Opening of Ladurée in Nagoya, Inauguration of Ladurée in the Royal Court of the Chateau of Versailles, Ladurée Hausmann (Printemps de la Mode), Ladurée Printemps Charras, Ladurée Dublin, Ladurée Zurich.
- 2010: Opening of Ladurée Milan, Ladurée Dubaï, Ladurée Riyad, Ladurée Beyrouth, Ladurée Luxembourg, Ladurée Istanbul, Ladurée Kuwait, Secrets Boutique & Ladurée Beauty.
- 2011: Opening of Ladurée at Covent Garden and La City in London.
Inauguration of Ladurée 18 rue Royale in Paris and of a tearoom at Paris Orly Airport.
First opening of Ladurée in New York on Madison Avenue.
Opening of a Ladurée at Excelsior in Milan and of a temporary shop in Megeve.